Railserve LEAF® Gen-Set Locomotive
The Railserve LEAF® Locomotive uses a single Cummins QSX15-L3 600 hp Genset to minimize fuel usage and significantly reduce emissions while maintaining the performance of a traditional switching locomotive. The Railserve LEAF was created specifically for industrial in-plant and commercial yard switching applications. It maximizes tractive effort at speeds less than 10 mph.
The Railserve LEAF reduces NOx emissions and particulate matter 84% and meets EPA emissions standards for Tier III diesel engines.
Lower Fuel Usage
The Railserve LEAF reduces fuel consumption 45-60% over a conventional locomotive.
- FRA compliant
- Eliminates Wet-Stacking and uses 90% less oil
- Onboard computer provides real-time engine performance reporting
- Traction control system minimizes wheel slip
- 10% lower decibel output than conventional locomotives
- Automatically shuts down if not moved after a variable pre-set time limit
- One button push start eliminates up to 30 minutes of startup preparation
- Same cab controls as conventional locomotives
- Uses readily available parts